Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A New Adventure Begins...




Life for the Frueh family changed forever on December 2, 2008. The day began like any other...up at 5:30, shower, breakfast, brewed my morning tea, and off to school. The kids poured into the classroom at 7:45. I was just about ready to begin my homeroom when I grabbed my travel mug for a soothing sip of my favorite Trader Joe's Mint Melange Tea. But rather than being met with a waft of my favorite flavor, I was met by a smell that sent a wave of nausea rushing over me that sent me running for the bathroom and making it just in time.
Could it be? I convinced myself to remain calm and not get too excited until I got home and took a pregnancy test. The results confirmed my suspicions and I couldn't wait to share the news with Eric, which I did with an early Christmas card. Look at those two beautiful pink lines!!!

He is just as excited as I am and has been doting on me ever since...asking me what I've eaten every 20 minutes, making me meals and snacks, taking me for walks, making sure I take my vitamins, putting me to bed early and telling me not to "squish" the baby every time I lean against the counter or my desk. I remind him that our baby is only the size of a blueberry, but he continues just the same. He's pretty much adorable!
Besides some nausea, occasionally losing my breakfast, and sleeping for about 12 hours out of every day, Mommy, Daddy, and Baby Frueh are all doing just fine...And so the adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment