Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

15 Weeks and Counting...


We've reached 15 Weeks and the inevitable wardrobe crisis. Up until now, I've been able to squeeze by, literally, with some big jeans from high school, my BellaBand, and some too-big t-shirts. It's not working out so well this week. I've been fortunate enough to have found a great number of maternity clothes items at very reasonable prices through friends, consignment shops and the wonders of Craig's List. However, I'm currently at that unfortunate stage where I'm too large for most of my pre-pregnancy pants and blouses, but I'm still swimming in most of my maternity clothes. I'm sure the extra room will be welcome in a few months, but right now it just looks a little ridiculous. It takes quite a while to get dressed in the morning because I have to pre-screen all my outfits. I try in vain to make some of my old clothes look normal on me without making it obvious to the entire world that I'm walking around with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped. Then I try, in vain again, to find a shirt that doesn't cling to every curve and ride up all over. Eventually I concede and slip into a maternity top and "BAM!!!". . . instant preggo. There's something about putting on a maternity top that makes you instantly look about 10 lbs. heavier. Believe me, I LOVE my pregnant belly. I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I just don't want to end up wearing the same clothes over and over again for the next 6 months. Oh well, the maternity clothes era has begun...ready or not...here it is!

The Frueh Baby is now about 4 inches long from crown to rump, about the length of the palm of your hand, and weighs 2 1/2 ounces. He/she is practicing breathing motions by moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose, mouth, and lungs. This helps to mature the air sacs in the lungs. Last week, Baby Frueh's arms were longer than his/her legs, but this week, the legs have caught up and surpassed the arms in length. They're now both proportional in size to the body. The taste buds have also started to form on his/her tiny tongue and Baby Frueh may even develop a preference for food flavors passed to him/her in utero. If I had an ultrasound this week, we could FINALLY tell if our baby is going to be a boy or a girl!!!! Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a few more weeks until my scheduled ultrasound. I will be so excited to finally be able to refer to our little bambino by name! Guess that means I better hit the books...the baby name books, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment