Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's A Girl!!!!

The verdict is in and we couldn't be happier! We're expecting a little girl named Molly Joy. The ultrasound was such a fabulous experience and one I'll never forget. Molly was very active, squirming all over the place and putting on quite the show for us. The 3-D images they have now for sonograms are so amazing. I felt like she was right there in front of us and we were looking at her adorable little face. I definitely think she has my Corbin-family chin and perhaps a Frueh-family nose. As soon as I can find a scanner to scan the pictures, they'll be up here and you can see what you think for yourselves.

Both Eric and I are very excited to have a girl. Coming from a family of all girls, I feel better prepared for parenting a girl. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a boy! And this will make an even 3-3 split of boy and girl grandchildren for my parents. From Eric's perspective, he's coming from a family of all boys and he's looking forward to something a little different. Plus, there's just something about that Daddy-daughter connection that is so special. AND I can't wait to shop for little pink socks, hair bows, and dresses!

Molly is right on track for growth, measuring in at 6 inches in length and 11 ounces in weight. As she showed us at the ultrasound, she loves her daily workouts and is exercising those muscles for sure. I can feel her squirming and bouncing around all the time now and I never tire of it. She is especially active in the evening after our dinner and walk. Every night at 7:00, Eric reads aloud to me and Molly and she absolutely loves it. As soon as I lay down on the couch, she starts her squirming and kicking and for a full half hour, she keeps it up. The other night I even saw a little tiny foot or fist poke out of my belly. Even Daddy can get in on the fun now. When she's at her wildest, he can feel her as well, which has been such fun!

There was one small problem detected during the ultrasound that we're hoping will resolve itself before too long. The doctor found that my placenta is very low and partially covering my cervix, a condition called "placenta previa". A low placenta is detected in about 10% of pregnancies during the 2nd Trimester. The good news is that, in the vast majority of these cases, the placenta moves upward as the uterus grows larger. In all likelihood, that's what is going to happen, but we'll go back for a 30-week ultrasound just to make sure that it has moved up and is no longer covering the cervix. 90% of the time, that's what happens. In the unlikely case that the previa persists into the 3rd Trimester, I could find myself on bedrest for the last month and welcoming our little Molly with a C-section. Fortunately, that's a rare situation, but I'd still appreciate your prayers that my placenta would trek its way up there a bit higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment