Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beach Baby, Part 2

As promised, I have more beach pictures to share. Between our camera and pictures taken by Eric's parents, we have almost 300 pictures from the week, so it was hard to narrow down. Between Part 1 and Part 2 of this post, I've included our very favorites. (I didn't think you really wanted to flip through all 300 pictures :) The lawn of our rental house was beautifully landscaped. Between the flowers lining the driveway and the tropical trees surrounding the pool, our little "nature girl" had some fun exploring.

Food was another wonderful part of the week with lots of new tastes to explore. I think Molly was going through a growth spurt because she was a bottomless pit all week. We even took her out to breakfast one morning. Eric and I both left the restaurant a little big hungry because Molly ate half our breakfasts...pancakes, eggs, homefries, toast, fruit...I think she would've kept eating if we let her! In this particular picture, I believe she's savoring a sweet juicy blueberry. Yummy!
Not all the new food experiences were as healthy as Mommy would have liked. I walked into the kitchen one day to THIS...Eric sharing his fudgesicle with Molly. Needless to say, she loved it. I guess anything goes when you're on vacation.

Our little water baby enjoyed splashing in the pool. She had a pretty good time driving her little pink beetle-bug floatie, but honestly, she had the most fun just sitting in our arms splashing around.

It was pretty cool and rainy one day, so we went to check out Fort Macon with Eric's brother Jonathan. It was used as both a Union AND Confederate fort during the Civil War and was used in several other American wars, including WWII. Eric and I are both big history buffs, so we found it very interesting.

I think at this point, we'd taken about 5 pictures in front of the cannons. I love this one because I can just imagine Molly saying, "Geez Mom, enough with the pictures already" and trying to bury her head :) Even though our little soldier was born in the South, she has Northern blood in her veins. So the Union cap it was.

We dug Molly a little hole on the beach to splash around in, which she really enjoyed, but I think she liked playing with my sunglasses even better.
I just LOVE this picture of our little girl with her Daddy!
The waves were really rough almost the entire week we were there. There were quite a few evening storms that really stirred things up. It didn't make for the easiest beach experience for a little one, but it sure was awesome to watch them crashing on the beach. The hardest part was trying to wash all the sand off of Molly without scaring her half to death. The waves were also unpredictable. You'd think you were sitting in the calm surf zone and then, all of a sudden, a huge rogue wave would come and wash half-way up the beach. One of them really caught Molly by surprise as you can see in this little video. Poor baby!



And, I'll just leave you with a few more cute shots of this adorable little beach baby covered in sand. I just can't get enough of that squishy little ruffled bum!!!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment