Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Home Stretch

We have arrived at the 40 Week mark...well, actually 40 weeks and 1 day today! I've been telling this baby for the last 2 weeks that (s)he had just better stay put because this mama was not ready yet. First of all, I wanted to teach all of my classes up until Friday (39 weeks and 6 days) because my maternity leave sub wasn't arriving until this weekend. Secondly, I wanted to wait until GG (Eric's mom) arrived from Pittsburgh on Saturday (my due date). And lastly, I wanted to make sure that everything was ready on the home front now that all of my school business is taken care of. Well, little Baby Frueh, now that all the boxes have been checked off on my to-do list, we're ready to welcome you at any time. We even have the welcome sign out and ready for you :-)

I got a little nervous earlier this week when we had something of a baby-bonanza in our circle of friends. I have three other friends who were also pregnant and all due between February 17th and February 27th. ALL THREE of them had their babies in one 24-hour period between Monday and Tuesday night. CRAZINESS!!! As the calls, texts, and facebook messages started pouring in about the three new arrivals, everyone at work kept looking at me, so sure that I'd be next. Well, "Newbie" knew that mama was not ready and (s)he politely stayed put. Now I'm just trying to be patient, reminding myself that babies arrive when they're ready and that this baby is not officially "late" until we pass the 42-week mark (although I very much hope we do not reach that point). We're just so excited to meet the newest member of our family and find out if Molly has a new baby sister or a new baby brother. We'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ian is such a thoughtful baby waiting for his mama to finish her checklist and then not making her wait much longer!! It is so funny that three of us had our babies in a 24 hour period! I'm catching up on all of the blogs I follow while Emily is sleeping. :-)

    ReplyDelete