Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mealtime Battles



We've been having some mealtime battles here lately...picky eating, wanting something other than what's being served, wanting to leave the table 3 minutes into the meal...normal 2-year old stuff.  When I announced the other night that dinner was ready, I turned around to find Molly strapping "Doggy" into her booster seat.  She went on to tell him to stay in his seat and wear his bib.  I added a directive about eating his vegetables, just for good measure.  We proceeded to have a lovely dinner ending with a clean plate, a happy 2-year-old, and a smiling Mommy.  Hey, whatever works!  

After dinner, I gave Molly a small bowl of ice cream as a special dessert prize.  When I set it in front of her, she promptly declared, "Mmmm!  Hummus!"  I corrected, "No sweetie.  It's ice cream.  Taste it."  After her first taste, she exclaimed, "Mmmm!  Tastes like cottage cheese!"  Guess that goes to show how rare a treat of ice cream really is in our house.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment